Although a business cannot plan when and where a disaster will hit, small businesses can leverage national preparedness best practices to better prepare, respond and recover from a crisis.
Prepare— Ensure your financial stability
- Keep your insurance policy up to date
- Keep your business credit profile up to date
- Keep important records off-site in a safe deposit box or back up (IT) to an external drive and take it home with you
Respond— Ensure continuity of business by creating an emergency response plan which includes:
- Employee contact strategy
- Supplier contact strategy
Recover— Know where to find help to return your business to normal operations
- Local Chamber of Commerce
- More information is available via the business.gov.au website on how and what is offered to affected businesses at..